- Sweden vs Czech Republic predictions for Thursday’s World Cup Playoff
- The Semi-Final is being played at Friends Arena (19:45 GMT)
- Sweden have won their last 9 World Cup qualifiers at home
- Can Czech Republic overcome key injuries?
- Preview, tips, stats & team news
Sweden vs Czech Republic Predictions
Sweden have won their last nine World Cup qualifiers at home. They can make it 10 against a Czech Republic side missing some key players through injury.
- Sweden vs Czech Republic Predictions
- Head to Head
- Sweden Form
- Sweden Squad & Team News
- Czech Republic Form
- Czech Republic Squad & Team News
- Sweden vs Czech Republic Live Stream FAQ
- Sweden have won their last 9 home matches (World Cup qualifiers).
- Sweden have won to nil in 5 of their last 6 home matches (World Cup qualifiers).
- Czech Republic have lost to nil in their last 2 away matches (World Cup qualifiers).
Head to Head
This will be the first competitive match between Czech Republic and Sweden.
Sweden won five of their opening six World Cup qualifiers including a 2-1 win against Spain.
Janne Andersson’s side lost their last two matches to miss out on automatic qualification, going down 2-0 in Georgia and 1-0 in Spain where they conceded in the 86th minute.
The Blue and Yellow have won their last nine home matches in the World Cup qualifiers.
Sweden Squad & Team News
Goalkeepers: Robin Olsen, Andreas Linde, Kristoffer Nordfeldt
Defenders: Carl Starfelt, Victor Lindelöf, Marcus Danielson, Martin Olsson, Ludwig Augustinsson, Filip Helander, Daniel Sundgren, Joakim Nilsson, Emil Krafth
Midfielders: Viktor Claesson, Albin Ekdal, Emil Forsberg, Jesper Karlsson, Jesper Karlström, Mattias Svanberg, Kristoffer Olsson
Forwards: Alexander Isak, Branimir Hrgota, Anthony Elanga, Dejan Kulusevski, Robin Quaison, Zlatan Ibrahimović
Defenders Sebastian Holmén, Mikael Lustig, Andreas Granqvist and Pontus Jansson have retired alongside Sebastian Larsson, Gustav Svensson andMarcus Berg.
Defender Emil Krafth and Zlatan Ibrahimović are suspended.
Czech Republic Form
Czech Republic finished third in Group E of the World Cup qualifiers.
Jaroslav Silhavy’s side won their final two qualifiers, 2-0 at Belarus and 2-0 against Estonia.
The Czech’s reached the play-offs via the Nations League where they finished top of Group 2 in League B.
Czech Republic Squad & Team News
Goalkeepers: Tomas Vaclik, Jindrich Stanek, Milan Heca
Defenders: David Zima, Jakub Brabec, Tomas Petrasek, Jaroslav Zeleny, Ales Mateju
Midfielders: Tomas Soucek, Tomas Holes, Ladislav Krejci, Michal Sadilek, Lukas Masopust, Jakub Jankto, Antonin Barak, Ondrej Lingr, Jakub Pesek, Jan Sykora
Forwards: Adam Hlozek, Jan Kuchta, Vaclav Jurecka, Tomas Pekhart
Vladimir Coufal and Matej Vydra come into the qualifiers with niggling injuries and are doubtful.
Centre-backs Ondrej Celustka and Ondrej Kudela are injured alongside star striker Patrik Schick.